Fashion is a visual manifestation of one’s ideas and individuality. It has become an undeniable part of human life and identity thanks to the popular culture. We have always admired celebrities like Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn and others for their brilliant fashion sense. While fashion is definitely less about replicating the latest ephemeral trends and more about being comfortable and confident in what you wear, here are a few helpful tips that powerful women swear by.
1. Fashion designer, Victoria Beckham has been commonly identified by her signature black dresses and has voiced her love for the colour on many occasions. Indeed, Black is that one colour that never goes out of style. It suits all skin tones and further flatters your body shape. A LBD can prove to be the most elegant go-to dress for all events.
2. Fashion is often wrongly associated with high-end brands and designer clothing though what matters is how you style and carry them. Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton has sometimes worn outfits that are cheap enough for us to get our hands on proving that fashion can also be affordable.
3. Wearing too many bright colours together can look tacky. Instead learn to mix and match colours for getting the best look. Pair your neutrals and pastels with bright colours to add that spark or wear the pastels with pastels, solid colours with solid colours and jewel tones with jewel tones. The aim is to achieve a balance in your look.
4. Accessorizing has always been underestimated even though they not only complement but can also make your whole look. While the dress is undoubtedly important, it is the accessories that complete the look. These are the stuff that can be repeated and worn with completely different looks each time and have the power of transforming your basic outfit into a glamorous one.
5. Layering is the quintessential fashion strategy that you need to master to look your best especially during winters. Layering your clothes not only provides comfort but allows you to experiment with your look and reuse all your outfits.